I’ve never decorated for Fall.
Until I started blogging.
I’m pretty sure there is an unspoken blogging rule that states you must decorate for Fall if you’re a blogger. You must.
So, last year, I reluctantly jumped on board and decorated my mantel for fall.
Then, this year, I signed up to be a part of a Fall Home Tour with 24 bloggers, so of course I better get busy decorating!
I decided to start out by making a wreath for my door.
But first, I must make a confession… I have never made a wreath before!
I know. I know. I can hear you now… “How can you call yourself a blogger if you’ve never made a wreath before?”
Well, I’m here to show you, that if I can do it, YOU can do it!!
Here’s what you need:
Wire Wreath Frame
Fall Flowers or Embellishments
Deco Mesh Ribbon for Bow
How to Make Your Own Fall Burlap Ribbon Wreath…
1. Grab your wire wreath frame. I chose a rather large frame, but there are several different frames to choose from. I think the easiest way to decide on the size of your wreath is to look at the size of your door.
2. Create a loop with your burlap ribbon and use the floral wire to attach it to the bottom two wire rows on your frame. You can make these loops big or small, it just depends on how you want your wreath to look. I bunched my ribbon up every 4 inches or so. Do this all the way around the outside rings of the wreath until you make it back to your starting point.
3. At this point, you can slide the loops around a little in order to get them evenly spaced out like you like.
4. As you can see, I now have the two inner rings to cover up. I chose a yellow burlap ribbon for the inside circle. Repeat steps 1-3 for the inner circle of your wreath.
5. Once you’ve gone all the way around with your ribbon, you can start to move things around until you fill in all the gaps.
6. I decided to push the yellow ribbon in between each of my burlap loops so it would fill in all the gaps and not show any of my wreath frame.
7. Next, I added some Fall flair to my wreath and tied on an orange bow out of some Deco Mesh ribbon.
Finally, you’re ready to hang your wreath!
See, not so hard!!
Can you believe this is just the beginning of my Fall decorating? Be sure to come back next week as I tackle the mantel, my dining room, two buffets, the front porch AND the back porch!! (All while it’s 90 degrees!)
Have you decorated for Fall yet? When does it turn Fall where you live?