So, last week I shared that I was job hunting and a few of you have emailed to ask how the search is going, so I thought I’d update you all real quick…
Over the past two weeks I have interviewed for three teaching positions. The first one I didn’t get, which led to the second one that I’ve yet to hear back from. (I’ll take that as a no.) The final one was last Thursday. Not only could I hear the previous interviewee in the conference room laughing and having a great time, but they were 20 minutes late getting to me. I felt defeated before I ever walked in! Then, their last words to me were that I wouldn’t hear anything until after school starts.
I’ve only interviewed and not gotten the job once.
Guess I can’t say that anymore! 🙂
So here is the weird part… in the same past two weeks, I’ve sold almost everything in my booth!! A secretary desk that has been there for months, a table and 4 chairs, several windows, a drawer, and a dresser. I also just finished a custom piece. I can’t help but think God is trying to tell me that I already have a job and if I trust him then he’ll take care of everything. I guess only time will tell, but that leads me to some fun news for today…
It’s my Blogiversary!!!!
I can’t believe it!
A year ago today I started The Rustic Pig with 25 windows. I thought it would be fun to blog about what I did with each window. I had no idea I’d be where I am today… owning my own business, painting furniture, selling my pieces at The Corner Cartel in Boerne, and blogging for a year now!
So today, I thought it would be fun to share my top ten painted pieces I’ve had the pleasure of painting during my first year in business. If you’d like to read the full post, just click on the title to go straight to the original post.
1. Something Old, Something New/ Something Old, Something New: Part 2~ When an old dresser was beyond repair I decided to find a use for the old drawers. I added feet to the bottom and create a fun pillow holder.
2. Miss Mustard Seed Painted Desk~ This was my first time to use Miss Mustard Seed’s milk paint. I loved the chippy goodness of this desk when I was done!
3. Deer Silhouette Spring Mantel~ With one HUGE window left, I decided to paint a deer silhouette to go on our mantel for spring. I love it so much that it is still there!
4. An Empire Dresser Makeover~ Duck Egg Blue is one of my favorite Annie Sloan colors, and mixed with Old White, it makes for a beautiful piece.
5. Antique French Desk~ I LOVE, LOVE my antique french desk!! It is my absolute favorite piece EVER!!
6. Vintage Ironing Board Turned Welcome Sign~ I had no idea what I was going to do with this old ironing board, but once I figured it out, I was so happy with the end result. This is a piece I still regret selling. It looked great on my front porch!
7. Grain Sack Painted Leather Chair~ I’ve painted several things with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, but painting a leather chair was a first for me. Luckily, it turned out great!
8. A French Coffee Sack Chair~ This was the first… and last chair I’ve reupholstered. It was a tough job, but it turned out amazing!
9. Summer Back Porch Headboard Swing~ This is another favorite of mine that I will keep forever! I can’t explain how wonderful it is to have a swing where you can sit in the morning, drink your coffee, spend some quiet time with God, and just relax. I think everyone needs a swing of their own!
10. Sweet Little Table and Chairs~ Well, since I can’t show you my newest table and chairs set that I finished yesterday, I guess I’ll have to share this one. I think the fabric on the chairs really made this set. I love that I just happened to be at the store when a sweet lady and her family came in to buy it. That makes this set one I’ll remember.
What a year it has been!!
I can’t wait to see what the next year has in store.
I’m already super excited to share several pieces I’ve been working on this past week. Be sure to come back tomorrow!
Do you have a favorite Rustic Pig piece? I’d love to know what it is!