First of all, I am so excited to be guest posting at HomeSpot HQ today!! Go check out my tutorial on how I reupholstered this French Burlap Coffee Sack Chair and while you’re there, check out all the neat things HomeSpot has to offer!
I decided to write up a fun post today.. mostly because several of you have asked me questions and so I thought it would be fun to answer them today!
So here you go….
Ten Things You May Not Know About Me
1. I clean my face with apple cider vinegar every night. A long time ago, my face was breaking out pretty bad, ( I was certain I was going through puberty all over again) and after a quick search on the internet, I read that apple cider vinegar is great at controlling breakouts. It worked. I’ve used it ever since. My husband is not a fan… he thinks I smell like a salad.
2. I am a complete homebody! I LOVE to be at home with my husband and my two boys. When I am away from home, I get a tad bit homesick.
3. My sweet nephew has Down Syndrome. You can read about my sweet Burke here. He is just the sweetest boy in the whole world, and my boys absolutely ADORE him!
4. I have three dogs. Yep. Three. We have an Australian Shepherd named Beaux (Bo), a Lab/Pointer mix named Molly, and a Dorkie (dachshund, yorkie mix) named Gidget. Molly and Gidget were adopted while we fostered dogs through the Humane Society. While we were in the program we adopted out 4 dogs, and kept 2 for ourselves. We just fell in love with them.
5. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to decorate!! Hardwood floors are an absolute must in my house because I move furniture around often. I love how you can make a home feel completely different just by moving around the furniture.
6. A question I get asked often… How did I learn how to paint furniture? I just did it. Honestly, I just bought some paint and experimented. I learned quickly what worked and what didn’t work. It really was just trial and error… and error… and error. Practicing on garage sale finds is the perfect place to start. I knew that if I messed up a $10 chair, then it was OK. It wasn’t a huge loss.
7. We live out in the Texas Hill Country. San Antonio is about 30 miles away and Austin is about 45 miles away. We have a little over an acre of land, with white tailed deer, blackbuck antelope and axis deer always around. In the summer, we get lots of scorpions too… eeek!!
8. I LOVE to get the mail. Is that weird? Anyone else? I feel like getting the mail is like opening presents at Christmas… you just never know what’s going to be in there. Now, I don’t love getting the bills, but when I open my mailbox and see the newest Pottery Barn catalog, or Restoration Hardware catalog, or the newest issue of Southern Living….it’s just wonderful! Oh, the simple joys in life.
9. I am a worrier. I worry OVER everything. I worry ABOUT everything. This is why my New Year’s focus word this year is TRUST. I’m working hard to keep it as my main focus.
10. I’m living out my dream. My dream has always been to have my own business. What a joy it has been to quit teaching, work from home, and do what I love. I pray everyone gets that chance in life. My advice… pray about it, listen for God’s voice, and then when the time is right, just do it.
I’m sure there are several things I haven’t shared, and things I’ll think of as the day goes on, so I’ll save it for another day.