I’ve had lots of practice at covering seat cushions, so the cushion was pretty easy.
Because the feed sacks are sewn on one side, I wasn’t able to center the burlap on the chair cushion.
It’s rustic right? So it’s OK if it’s not centered… right?
This is what I keep telling myself anyways.
Next, I stapled the burlap to the arms and the center circle.
Originally, I was going to use antiqued nail brads to nail the fabric back on the chair.
After trying to hammer in three or four, I gave up.
Because I’m a tad bit OCD, trying to get the nails to go in straight AND be evenly spaced apart could have possibly sent me to the loony bin!
Stapling proved to be a much smarter option!
When I realized the nails weren’t going to work, I was at a loss for how I was going to cover up my staples.
That’s when I saw it.
The old trim from the chair!!
I pulled off the old fabric….
…and wrapped the rope in my leftover burlap. I used a hot glue gun to glue the edges together.
Next, I used the staple gun and the glue gun to wrap the rope back into place.
Once all the trim was back in place, she was done!!!